Garlic: Medieval Cure-All?
In an era of “whole foods” and organic this and organic that, consumers are constantly seeking the next green, all-natural cure-all for what ails them.
Garlic may be just that.
Allium sativum, garlic is believed to have originated in Asia where it was used as far back as 5,000 BCE. This relative of the onion has been found at the Pyramids of Giza and has been referenced by the Father of Medicine himself, Hippocrates.
Check-out the seven health benefits of garlic below.
Health Benefits of Garlic
- Natural Antibiotic
- Anti-fungal and Anti-microbial
- Increases vascular health.
- Stimulates the immune system.
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Full of Vitamin C, B6 and manganese
- MAY aid in the fight against cancer.